Monday, December 12, 2005

Necessity...

Scott changed the oil in his car Saturday. He did it himself, and I don't think he saved anything, by the time he spent two or three hours wrestling with it. He knows perfectly well how to change oil, but the oil filter was on too tight and wouldn't budge. Eventually, he put a pipe on the end of the wrench for better leverage, but by then the cup of the wrench was slipping on the filter.

He battled the problem unsuccessfully every way he could think of, while I made a great point to do something else. Finally, he explained the problem and asked if I could think of a different way. He was wondering if we had anything that might help clamp the filter better. I suggested a rubber band, the flat kind they use to hold broccoli together at the store.

I happened back a little later. He said, "this is why I love you so much!" It worked on the first try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home