Monday, September 19, 2005

Two dreams

Yesterday, when the phone rang, Scott and I were both still asleep. As sometimes happens, consciousness and subconsciousness collided for an instant, and we both remembered our dreams. He reports dreaming that he was trying to remember whether he had administrative rights for the telephone, so that he could set it not to ring. (He works in IT, and he had a long week.)


At the same moment, I dreamed that I had reached the apex of a bicycle trip, on the recumbent that I really do ride (left). The bike is fun, but not especially fast, and it gets a lot of attention from onlookers. I had just turned around at some crossroads far from home when the rear derailleur assembly dismantled itself all over the road. As I tried to piece it back together, all the serious bicyclists on the route kept zipping past with an air of condescension. If you had a real bicycle, they were thinking, this never would have happened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home