Thursday, October 26, 2006

The wind changes

As if overnight, the road that is my noontime escape has changed character dramatically. Only Monday a fellow walker there commented on the heat; today, the first tiny hints of autumn are in the air. For one thing, there is a wind today, where all summer there were only breezes, if that. The wind scattered a fresh blanket of pine needles down onto the road.

Whether it was the air itself or the plants around me noticing the change, the mountain smelled different, hinting at the crispness of the season to come.

It is not cold yet. I was quite comfortable walking in short sleeves, but I certainly should start reminding myself to dig up my jacket and bring it along. By the time I really do need it, I may remember.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home